TULSANS INVITED TO EXPLORING EQUITY: GREENWOOD AND BLACK WALL STREET
Published 2/27/2017. Tulsa Public Schools. Reprint By Terence Morris, Founder, PACE TULSA AGS FOUNDATION. May 18, 2017 11:32 AM. Join PACE TULSA NOW…TEXT: PACEPAC TO: 22828 OR Register | Lost your password?.
Exploring Equity: Greenwood and Black Wall Street will take place on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 5:30 p.m. in the Selman Room at the Education Service Center (3027 S. New Haven Ave. in Tulsa).
Exploring Equity: Greenwood and Black Wall Street will include a presentation by author Hannibal B. Johnson that explores the rich history, senseless destruction, and rise and renaissance of one of America’s premiere black entrepreneurial havens.
The agenda for the evening is as follows:
- 5:30 p.m.: dinner provided by Tulsa Public Schools
- 6:00 p.m.: welcome and introductions
- Board President Lana Turner-Addison
- Superintendent Deborah A. Gist
- 6:05 p.m.: Black Wall Street presentation (Hannibal B. Johnson)
- 6:50 p.m.: question and answer session (Hannibal B. Johnson)
- 7:15 p.m.: small group conversations
- 7:45 p.m.: share out from conversations
- 8:00 p.m.: closing
These community conversations will be guided by Tulsa leader, advocate, and author Hannibal B. Johnson and will take place monthly through the end of the school year. Future gatherings will include conversations about religious diversity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and immigration and immigrant communities. The next Exploring Equity event on LGBTQ Inclusion will take place on Thursday, April 6.
Emma Garrett Nelson
© 2017 | PACE TULSA AGS FOUNDATION. “Pedestrian Awareness Crosswalk Education is an online think-tank intersecting awareness of public transportation policy in the United States.”